Ever purchased an application and then wondered- “what am I doing?!” Buying applications is simple, practically friction less, and with credit card details saved on device and purchases sometimes not even requiring confirmation, there’s a decent risk individuals have made purchases they’ve come to regret later. In the event that you’ve ever been in those shoes, we are here to offer assistance.
Follow these steps to get a refund on any device- and it’s not just apps, you can also utilize this to get discounts for books, motion pictures, music, and more.
Apple has a site committed to resolving refund related issues. This site covers paid apps (on both iOS and Mac), in-app purchases, books, movies and music. You can utilize this site to ask for a refund for buys made in the last 90 days. Here’s the way.
- To start with, open iTunes and select the iTunes Store link in the left-hand section
- Close to the upper right corner, tap the arrow alongside your username (email address) and after that select Account.
- About mostly down the screen, tap the Purchase History button.
- In the bottom segment of the screen, you will see your App Store purchase history – click the Report a Problem bottom.
- Find the iTunes invoice with the application you might want a refund for, and click the Report a Problem link. If the application was purchased a while back, find it in the Previous Purchases segment and tap on the expand arrow to bring up the Report a Problem link.
- Fill out the form that follows next and make certain to be as detailed as possible – when completed, click Next.
If your purpose behind asking for a refund is substantial, Apple ought to respond within couple of days and process your refund within a week. Keep in mind to not mishandle this procedure – when Apple refunds your money, the developer’s commission is lost too.